Saturday, February 04, 2006

Home Again!

Once again, I find myself in the comfortable terrain of having an external enemy to hate, as portrayed by 24. I was getting a little squeemish with this whole "5th Column" - traitor withing - who's the mole? - etc., type of mental game that Jack and his cohorts were playing on us. It required way too much national self-examiniation.

And, since not letting the Cold War die seems to be a national pasttime, as if evidenced by our current military buildup, I am so happy to once again be hating those punk-ass Russians! They and their vodka, and demagoguery, and nasty haircuts! Bring on the traditional badguy! That will tell Putin in not so subtle ways that we're getting sick of his invasions into the land of democratic self-rule!

I am possessed with the fact that 24 is actually an ongoing allegory as to upcoming foreign policy measure made by the Bush Adminstration. Its kinda like in a Beautiful Mind when John Nash is convinced that the defense department is using him to uncode a secret message out there in newspapers. This time, its Condolezza Rice (instead of Ed Harris) who keeps visiting me in my dreams (don't tell Leen) and is telling me what parts of 24 are actually code for Bush's next foreign policy broohaha. Stay posted!

Here's Condi's revelation from the last show: Cummings is actually Don Rumsfeld!

3 Comments:

Blogger The Dean of Cincinnati said...

If a terrorist ever hatches a plot even just a fraction as evil as those in 24 (and the show has given lots of ideas, perhaps!), we are all dead.

So I'm not sure what to think of any claims that this indoctrinates us, even slightly, for upcoming political positions in regards to national security. If anything, it makes us feel safe when we are not.

Unfortunately, there is no Jack for real.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Steve Scott said...

Wilke-- deep post. Haap, don't take away my santa clause. Jack is real.

10:54 PM  
Blogger Wilke said...

I'm with Steve - Jack is real.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home